Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Day by the Sea


When you have an expectation of something it's all already in your mind. You piece together all the little parts of something you've seen like a puzzle, a puzzle with missing pieces that you disregard. And once you actually look up at the cover of the box you see everything that's there and it can either be a disappointment or a fulfillment, and for me today it was a bit of both.

There are always two sides to places, the parts that you want to see and the parts that you wish were hidden away, much like people really. Today I saw all of Brighton and there were parts that made my eyes light up and other parts that made me turn my eyes to ground. This gave me something though, that there will always be two sides to a situation, a place, and a person and you don't have to love all of it the same but you learn to except it all. Sometimes I wish it could all be perfect but then the perfect things that come into your life wouldn't be nearly as jaw dropping and awe inspiring.

I did love my day in Brighton though. It has a rustic charm and reminded me much of San Francisco. The pier I must say is much more impressive than anything I have ever seen in San Diego and going back to a pier without roller coasters or ice cream shops every five seconds will be rather disappointing. But I suppose you have to get used to things becoming less extraordinary once you've seen something that in your eyes is more extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment